Pharma Nord Bio Culture
re dietary supplements containing living microrganisms that help maintain healthy functioning of the gastrointestinal tract, altering the balance of intestinal bacterial flora in favour of beneficial organisms. The best-studied probiotics are the lactic acid bacterial strains (preferentially colonizing the small intestine) and Bifidobacterium lactis (preferentially colonizing the large intestine), which are components of the natural intestinal flora.
NEW & IMPROVED Pharma Nord Bio Culture
• MSG Free (mono-sodium glutamate)
• Lactose Free – though the cultures in this product may contain residues of milk protein and are not milk free. This product is therefore suitable for people with lactose intolerance, but it is not recommended for people who are allergic to milk proteins.
• Gluten free
• Pharma Nord Bio Culture is suitable for vegetarians
• Guaranteed to contain 4 billon bacteria per capsule
• The strains of bacteria used are improved and are supported by documentation - Lactobacillus acidophilus and Bifidobacterium lactis
• Stable at room temperature – Pharma Nord Bio Culture ideal for travelling as it doesn’t have to kept refrigerated
• Many products fail to reach the intestines because they are destroyed by the acid environment of the stomach. The bacteria in Bio-Culture are encapsulated within a stomach resistant gel matrix. The capsule is dissolved by acid in the stomach, but the bacteria remain protected by the gel, which in turn dissolves in the intestine to release the bacteria for maximum benefit.
• Bacteria are freeze dried and packed into a hermetically sealed aluminium tube which keeps them fresh and prolongs the shelf life once opened.
What do probiotics do?
Probiotic bacteria compete with pathogenic bacteria in the gastrointestinal tract for nutrient resources, inhibit mucosal invasion and epithelial adhesion by bacterial pathogens, produce antibacterial substances directed against enteric pathogens, and maintain healthy immune function. Probiotics also inhibit bacterial enzymes involved in the synthesis of colonic carcinogens.
- Further Information
Pharma Nord Bio Culture
How much probiotic should you take?
There is no Recommended Daily Intake for probiotics. Levels of naturally occurring probiotic lactic acid bacteria in the gastrointestinal tract decrease with age, and are reduced following the intake of alcohol and certain medicines.
Are there adverse effects from taking probiotics?
Oral administration of probiotics is well tolerated and safe. There are no reported adverse effects, and no known risk of overdose. Probiotics can be taken by pregnant and lactating women.
About Pharma-Nord Bio-CulturePharma-Nord Bio-Culture contains two freeze-dried strains of lactic acid bacteria, Lactobacillus acidophilus and Bifidobacterium lactis, within a capsule containing an acid resistant gel matrix. The capsule is dissolved by acid in the stomach, but the viability of the bacteria is maintained by the protective gel, which in turn dissolves in the small intestine to release the beneficial bacteria. Each Pharma Nord Bio Culture capsule guarentees at least 4 billion live beneficial bacteria, and is designed to be stable at room temperature. Many commercial probiotic formulations need to be stored in a refrigerator (inconvenient for travellers), contain relatively few viable bacteria (typically 0.1-2 billion), or are inactivated by the adverse environment of the stomach (before reaching the intestines). Pharma-Nord recommends 1-3 capsules daily. Pharma Nord Bio Culture is manufactured under Danish pharmaceutical control.