Need some help?
If you have a general query or you wish to place a telephone order we are always happy to help.
Natren Life Start
Natren Life Start 35 grams
PLEASE NOTE THERE WILL BE ADDED COURIER DELIVERY CHARGE OF £6.95 (OPTIONAL BUT RECOMMENDED) FOR THIS PRODUCT. IT WILL BE SENT IN AN ICE PACK CONDITION TO RETAIN A LOW TEMPERATURE.
Beneficial bacteria is important for people of all ages, including infants. Natren® produces a product designed specifically for infants. Life Start® is made with Bifidobacterium infantis, the beneficial bacteria which is most prominent in infants.
Babies born vaginally to healthy mothers receive their initial supply of beneficial bacteria on their passage through the birth canal. It is important for infants to continue getting beneficial bacteria to help them develop healthy bodies.
* Using Natren Life Start® stimulates better weight gain through nitrogen retention, which is especially important for formula-fed infants.
* This bacteria encourages the formation of antibodies against undesirable bacteria and viruses.
* Pregnant women and nursing mothers should also take Life Start® along with their regular regimen of Healthy Trinity® in order to give their baby the best start possible.
* Mothers on a course of antibiotics who are also breast-feeding their babies should give their babies Life Start® when beginning their antibiotic course.
* It is especially important to give Life Start® to babies delivered in hospital rooms or especially by cesarean section, since they don't have the advantage of getting the beneficial bacteria from their mother as they pass through the birth canal.
* Even breast-fed babies need the advantage Life Start® can offer, to encourage the optimal health of the baby.
supplementation is not recommended for infants without the advice of a physician, as it is not the prominent beneficial microorganism in healthy, breast-fed infants. After weaning, acidophilus increases and Bifidobacteria colonize and become prominent in the large intestine. is sometimes recommended for infants during short periods of acute infection. Life Start®, a milk-based probiotic for infants, should be carefully evaluated: With an increase in casein allergies in infants, please check babies for true milk allergies. You may use Bifido Factor® Dairy-free instead.
* Produces the lactase enzyme which digests milk sugar and may help to offset lactose intolerance.
* Produces natural lactic, acetic and formic acid which help to keep the intestinal tract slightly acidic and inhibit the growth of undesirable yeast and bacteria.
* May encourage faster weight gain via nitrogen retention.
* Assists in the absorption of calcium and other nutrients.
* When given right after birth, helps to establish an optimal flora found to be a key component in helping to deter predisposition to allergies and asthma.
* May inhibit the growth of undesirable yeast
WHEN TO USE NATREN LIFE START
* After antibiotic therapy
* When breast feeding isn’t possible
* After delivery by cesarean section
* After immunizations
* When there are dietary changes
* When traveling
* For intestinal disturbances, which might indicate the desirability of Bifidobacteria
Ingredients for Natren Life Start 35 grams
Viable culture base of non-fat milk and whey containing Bifidobacterium infantis, super strain NLS. Added benefits from the natural supernatant (culturing medium) are maintained by Natren®'s proprietary Trenev Process®. Contains no preservatives or artificial colors and flavors.