Natren Yogurt Starter 50grams
PLEASE NOTE THERE WILL BE AN ADDED COURIER DELIVERY CHARGE OF £6.95 (OPTIONAL BUT RECOMMENDED) FOR THIS PRODUCT. IT WILL BE SENT IN AN ICE PACK CONDITION TO RETAIN A LOW TEMPERATURE.
Yogurt has long been known for its beneficial properties, with the real, traditional Bulgarian yogurt being famous for its light, tangy taste and smooth, creamy texture. Natren® makes it possible for you to make your own real, Bulgarian-style yogurt with our Yogurt Starter®. This wonderful product is a combination of Strepococcus thermophilus and bulgaricus, LB-51 super strain.
Traditionally, Lactobacillus bulgaricus is found in Bulgarian yogurt. Some of the healthiest, longest living and energetic people eat Bulgarian yogurt as part of their daily regimen. The Bulgarians use starter cultures and make their own yogurt. With the commercial processing techniques of many yogurts, the beneficial bacteria have often completed their life cycles and are no longer useful by the time they are ingested. Homemade yogurt using a starter culture like the Bulgarians do is the best way to get the most advantageous benefits from yogurt.
* Strepococcus thermophilus and Lactobacillus bulgaricus are non-competitive and have a mutually beneficial relationship. In all of nature, these are among the few bacteria that live and work together peacefully. Most others are antagonistic to one another.
* In the process that turns milk into yogurt, Strepococcus thermophilus goes to work first and prepares the perfect environment for Lactobacillus bulgaricus.
* These two beneficial transient bacteria work together to cause the fermentation process that turns milk into the smoothest, freshest, most delicious yogurt you’ve ever enjoyed.
* Instructions for preparing homemade yogurt are included with each bottle of Natren Yogurt Starter.
* One of the vital functions performed by these two beneficial bacteria is the breakdown (pre-digesting) of milk proteins, making yogurt a good source of pre-digested protein and bioavailable calcium.
* Good yogurt has been used for many generations for convalescing people in Russia, Eastern Europe and parts of Western Europe, and is considered to be the original "longevity" food.